We need to hold Congress accountable for what is happening on its watch and make sure Nabeela’s voice is heard. If we act now, by calling our Members of Congress, we can push them to open investigations into the killing of Mamana Bibi and others. When we organize together and talk to as many people as possible, we can motivate thousands to build a movement that Congress can’t ignore.
1) Tweet! Here’s a sample, but it’s better to put it in your own words. Use #drones or #GameOfDrones depending on space: Why was grandmother Mamana Bibi killed with a #drone? Pres Obama @WhiteHouse must answer amnestyusa.org/drones CC @SenFeinstein #drones
2) Sign the online action for Mamana Bibi to President Obama and Congress: www.amnestyusa.org/drones
3) Post http://dronespakistan.amnestyusa.org/ to Facebook with a personal message to your followers. Go to the Amnesty USA Facebook page to share our graphic: https://www.facebook.com/amnestyusa?ref=br_tf
4) Spread the word about AIUSA’s #GameOfDrones tour! Tour activism will be focussed on urging Congress to investigate the Mamana Bibi case and reign in President Obama’s #GameOfDrones. Check out the Tumblr for the latest news and photos www.amnestyusa.org/gameofdrones and check out the new Action Guide at amnestyusa.org/dronestoolkit.
5) Educate your friends, classmates and family: Organize a teach-in and discussion about this powerful short film on Mamana Bibi. http://bit.ly/GUfMXO. Use the event to gather more petition signers and build your Amnesty group. Email email@example.com for help.
6) Lobby your elected officials to investigate the killings in the report:
If you have a Representative or Senator on the Armed Services or Intelligence Committees, please (1) call their office and say “I am your constituent and I want you to investigate the killing of Mamana Bibi and others documented in Amnesty International’s new report on US drone strikes in Pakistan” and (2) sign up for our in-district lobby effort by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see if your Representative or two Senators are on the Armed Services or Intelligence Committees, please go to www.congress.gov.
7) Please share this with your friends and networks!